Fire Prevention Services Ltd offers inspections, sales, and servicing, including hydro-static testing, of fire extinguishers. Our certified technicians can do site inspections or take care of your requirements with our expertise in northern logistics and training in Dangerous Goods freight. We also do fire extinguisher training.
Give us a call anytime!
• Class A – good for fires involving common combustible materials such as wood, paper, cardboard and most plastics. Its geometric symbol is a green triangle.
• Class B – good for fires involving flammable and combustible liquids including gasoline, kerosene, grease and oil. Its geometric symbol is a red square.
• Class C – good for fires involving electrical equipment such as appliances, wiring, circuit breakers and outlets. The C means the extinguishing agent is non-conductive – you cannot use water to fight a Class C fire because you risk being shocked. Its geometric symbol is a blue circle.
• Class D – good for chemical laboratories and fires involving combustible materials including magnesium, titanium, potassium and sodium. Its geometric symbol is a yellow decagon.
• Class K – good for fires involving cooking oils, trans-fats or fats in cooking appliances, typically found in kitchens, cafeterias or restaurants. Its geometric symbol is a black hexagon.